STARKID TO ME:
The StarKid 10 year anniversary is approaching. It's been a decade since we were introduced to the magical world of StarKid and their shows. And what better way to celebrate, than sharing with everyone around the world exactly what does StarKid mean to each and everyone of us. A space by fans to fans, all united under the common denominator that is our love for this theater company.
Scroll down and read statements from people all around the world.
Welcome to Starkid to Me
-zoe, from Chicago, IL, USA
-Eliana K, from Chicago, IL, USA
Starkid to me is being the only one in my class who knows what Starkid is. Starkid to me is finding the complete online community of Starkid friends that I can discover after the shows. Starkid makes me happier everyday. Even if their shows take place in another universe, I can always find someone like me. I love Starkid to the moon(shoes) and back. Starkid fills me with a joy that I cannot even fathom to explain. I never get tired of their music and ever since I found it 8 years ago, I have found so much love in this kooky cult! As a wannabe comedy writer and singer, it is my dream to be in Starkid. even if i’m far from that dream, Starkid gives me so much hope of what the underdogs can do.
StarKid to me is a community and a world to escape to when this world is too much. I found them during a harder time in my life and have been a huge fan ever since. They are the coolest most sincere people in the world and I am so glad to have found this community. I love you Starkid! Thank you for everything that you do for your fans, I hope you know how much it means to us.
Starkid to me, is something that can't be accurately expressed with words. Starkid is something that's always there weather I need to cry, to laugh, or just something to do whiletime passes. I feel an incredible amount of respect for these people that have come so far from where they started. I feel respect for the people like us so support them no matter what. We're a comunity, a family, even though we don't even know each other. Starkid has to be something special to accomplish that. Do you know who awoke a love for music and theater that was deep buried in me before? Starkid. Do you know thanks to whom I met amazing people in this world, including one of my best friends now? Starkid. Do you know who taught me to say no to the status quo, that I'm not alone, and to always dance when the world sucks (always)? Starkid. Thank you, Starkid. How sad my life would be without you.
-Luka, from Madrid, Spain
Starkid to me is a group of wonderful, imaginative, funny, inclusive and creative group of friends. I am fairly new to this community but have seen how amazing they all are. Somehow I feel a connection to them even if haven't even seen them in real life They are like a virtual family that can make you smile, laugh or even cry when seeing their shows. It is incredible to see how much these people care about their fans and how dedicated and amazing people they are. If the act, sing, produce, write, or help on some other way, they are all equally important, and have together produced 11 amazing shows. These people awoke the musical theatre inside me, and showed me to always dance, that I'm not alone, and that I really am the coolest girl in the whole wide world. Thank you Starkid. You have given me the confidence to be myself, which is one of the most important things to be today. I appreciate that.
-Dana, from Uppsala, Sweden
At the beginning of 2018 my older sister introduced me into Starkid. She was searching for Harry Potter on Youtube and found A Very Potter Musical and she told me to watch it. I did so. It was amazing the actors and actresses made me laugh so much. She looked at the other shows they have made and found Twisted the untold story of a royal vizier. The new actors in it made me cry and laugh especially Robert Manion. I never want them to split up because no one want to see that and we will have no content to watch.
“Oh hi I’m Kevin Bushwald, BAM, I get hit by a car and now it’s over for me”- Lauren Lopez
“I came home”-Joe Walker
“Eat until you are as fat as you are ugly”- Lily Marks
“The Ghostbusters are breathing down Nearly Headless Nick’s nearly headless neck”- Brian Rosenthal
“I’m not a Starship Ranger”- Joey Richter
“It’s shooting misfiled at us”- Jim Povolo
“It must be nice... having someone to come cry to when you can’t do things for yourself”- Darren Criss
“I love her like a daughter”- Dylan Saunders
“Please don’t go”- Chris Allen
“Goodbye, Cupcake”- Jeff Blim
“There is no god” - Jamie Burns
“Sing the beginning of Moana”- Robert Manion
Libby, from Leicester, UK
At the beginning of 2018 my older sister introduced me into Starkid. She was searching for Harry Potter on Youtube and found A Very Potter Musical and she told me to watch it. I did so. It was amazing the actors and actresses made me laugh so much. She looked at the other shows they have made and found Twisted the untold story of a royal vizier. The new actors in it made me cry and laugh especially Robert Manion. I never want them to split up because no one want to see that and we will have no content to watch.
“Oh hi I’m Kevin Bushwald, BAM, I get hit by a car and now it’s over for me”- Lauren Lopez
“I came home”-Joe Walker
“Eat until you are as fat as you are ugly”- Lily Marks
“The Ghostbusters are breathing down Nearly Headless Nick’s nearly headless neck”- Brian Rosenthal
“I’m not a Starship Ranger”- Joey Richter
“It’s shooting misfiled at us”- Jim Povolo
“It must be nice... having someone to come cry to when you can’t do things for yourself”- Darren Criss
“I love her like a daughter”- Dylan Saunders
“Please don’t go”- Chris Allen
“Goodbye, Cupcake”- Jeff Blim
“There is no god” - Jamie Burns
“Sing the beginning of Moana”- Robert Manion
Libby, from Leicester, UK
No comments:
Post a Comment